Re: [at-l] Re: Boots - foot pain

I get that pain in the feet every once in a while myself, since when I'm not
hiking I'm walking.  It feels like a needle going straight up through the
ball of my foot.  I don't think it's tied to boots so much as it is to
overuse. (I can get the pain as quickly in a pair Reeboks or Asics as my
Vasques).  And it seems unpredictable, which makes me think it's a
nutrition/overuse combo thing.  I find that backing off the mileage works as
well as anything and then I crank it back up when the pain goes away.

Lynn