[at-l] Worth While Reading

> Date: Sat, 18 Jan 1997 23:45:57 -0500
> From: John O <johno@mail.monmouth.com>
> Just finished reading "There Are Mountains To Climb An Inspirational
> Journey" by Jean Deeds.  The story and times during her thru-hike in
> 1994-1995.  Excellent easy reading and totally well presented.  It's worth
> the effort to take a trip to your local library or book store and get this
> story.

I ordered it from the ATC, since members get a little discount.  At first,
I thought it wasn't going to be so great, but the further I went, the
better it got.  She had some very insightful comments that backpackers,
and especially thruhikers, would do well to read.  Well worth the money
(or the trip to the library--and don't forget that if your local library
doesn't have a particular book, they can almost always  borrow it for
you using the Interlibrary Loan System).
 Linda ("Earthworm")

*                                                                          *
*  Linda L. Patton                  "Nearness to nature...keeps the        *
*  Reference Librarian               spirit sensitive to impressions       *
*  Strozier Library                  not commonly felt, and in touch       *
*  Florida State University          with the unseen powers."              *
*  Tallahassee, FL 32306-2047             --Ohiyesa                        *
*                                           The Soul of the Indian         *
*  Phone: (904) 644-5019                    1911                           *
*  E-Mail: lpatton@mailer.fsu.edu                                          *
*                ...the siren call of the wilderness...                    *