[at-l] Re: Boots - foot pain

<<Has anyone experienced foot pain in the ball of there foot? I am 6'3" 190 #
carry pack wt. around 40-50 # ( I am reeally working on reducing this!!!!), I
wear vasque sundowners which are now 4years old and are not worn badly. >>

I get the same pain sometimes, but not always.  (I also wear Sundowners, but
I doubt it has anything to do with the boot.)  I went to a podiatrist last yr
and told him I got the pain after about 8 miles.  He looked at me with a
straight face and said "Then don't walk 8 miles."  He said I needed
orthotics, but because of his manner I never did get fitted for them.  After
hearing from some folks on this list about orthotics sometimes causing knee
pain, I decided I'll put up with the foot pain as it is only intermittent and
I don't want to take the chance of starting knee pain.  I was thinking about
getting some insoles, but there are so many different kinds out there I just
don't know which ones to try.

Marty (Gypsy)