Re: [at-l] Hiking fog-blind

   I've used an old SCUBA diving method... Spit on the lenses, rub around
(smooth out the lumps), wipe clear with your bandana... Not the neatest, and
sometimes not the clearest, but better to be able to see the trees for the
forest.!!!  (there's a commercial brand of "stuff" called "CAT CRAP" that's
supposed to work, never tried it)...

  Stay warm,,,

At 07:21 AM 1/21/97 -0500, ILFltlndr@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 97-01-13 05:57:17 EST, kahley7@ptd.net (kahlena) writes:
>
><< Yesterday's outing was great..cheap gear worked great!  Temp 11 to 15.
> One problem.  I had to choose to either expose my nose or fog my
> sunglasses.  The turtle fur balaclava is a toasty thing but it channeled
> my breath vapor up to my glasses and they fogged.  The sun came on
> strong by 11:00 and I had to use the sun glasses against the snow glare.
> So....I could keep my nose warm and hike blind or see well and freeze my
> nose.    Any suggestions?		Kahley >>
>
>This is a problem for anyone, like me, who wears glasses.  You don't even
>need the balaclava to fog up.  When my body is warmer than the air, my
>glasses fog up every time.  Can't see a darn thing without them, and am
>unable to wear contacts.  I hate it but what's a person do to?
>
>Alice
>Illinois Flatlander

    Dick & Lyn  Wix     (Where's Spring; Rochester, MN)
                 aka  "WIXeR"  AT-94  GA->ME
                       wixer@sparc.isl.net
       We'll get there,,,, when we get there.!!" - obscure