Re: [at-l] Boots

Phil Romans wrote:

> Ok,
>         I did some research again today on trying to find out if I could
> get my boots resoloed in the middle of the hike.  And it is not looking
> good at all.  Everywhere I went it was 3 weeks.  I have a pair of Rachlie
> Eigers that are finally broken in and a really solid boot.  But i am
> starting to break down to think about getting a second pair to make it
> the rest of the way.
>         The pair I am looking at is the Asolo Globaline.  I know what you
> all are saying about the customer service, but after talking with the EMS
> folk near here they would be the ones I dealt with.  100% satisfaction
> gaurnteed and with Asolo CS.  Anyhow, does anyone have these?  And what
> has your exprience been with them...

Phil,

I have heard people raving about these boots. Several people I know told
me all the guys at the local shop have ditched their boots to buy
Globalines. They are ugly boots, but who cares. I've also seen good
comments about them in the AOL Backpacker forum and even in Flame City
(Rec.Backcountry). I have Asolo Pinnacles, and I love them. Fit great.
The Globaline even fits better as they come in either two or three
types  of style based on foot volume. That's my .02 Good luck.

Peter H. Fornof
athiker@plantnet.com
broknspoke@aol.com