[at-l] Pack Covers

Hey, here is a piece of equipment we haven't talked about much before. I
know some people use plastic trash bags for this but how many people
actually use a commercial pack cover? I've had one that I bought from
REI in the 70's and up until recently, it served me well. It was
sticking together from mildew and had developed some really thin spots,
so I decided to replace it.

I looked around and saw that the ATC had a nice one with their logo and
it was reversible with blaze orange. (good for hunting season, since I
don't own anything close to blaze orange). Well, I got it today and it's
nice alright, but it weighs a "ton". No, I haven't actually weighed it,
but it feels heavy. Looks like it will last for many years.Anyone else
use these things? I would just hate to have the contents of my pack get
wet.

Peter H. Fornof
athiker@plantnet.com
broknspoke@aol.com