[at-l] Re: Walking Sticks

  Used Xcountry Ski poles work well for the wife and me... During my
thruhike I used only one pole (Tracks). Buy/find ones that feel comfortable
when hiking. Adjustable (w/all the bells and whistles) are nice, allow you
to adjust for up/down hills, but not required. Someone mentioned using
Tennis Racket Grip tape, haven't tried it but sounded reasonable.

  do your thing,,,,

At 05:42 PM 1/18/97 -0500, Richard Williams wrote:
>Are walking sticks necessary or recommended?  If so, one or two?  I hate
>to spend $100+ on Lekki's, but if they're worth it....
>
>Indy

    Dick & Lyn  Wix     (Where's Spring; Rochester, MN)
                 aka  "WIXeR"  AT-94  GA->ME
                       wixer@sparc.isl.net
       We'll get there,,,, when we get there.!!" - obscure