Re: [at-l] snow, dogs

My dog is better than your dog!  %^)

I have a Jack Russell Terrier that has hiked the trail with us from time to
time.  Her legs are about 3" longer than her sagging belly.  There is no way
she could ever carry a pack!!  She is good for about 30 miles then her feet
get sore.....even when she has been conditioned a fair amount before hitting
the trail.  She isn't as good as she once was and we have stopped taking her
with us.  She is 8 yrs. old now.  She just loves the outdoors, and now that
we are moving to North Carolina we will be taking her on our shorter hikes
again.  You'll have to meet her!

ALice
Illinois Flatlander