RE: [at-l] WEIGHT LOSS/PACK WEIGHT

Rachel, et al,,,

   FWIW....

   It's a little late to worry about losing much if any weight in the next
two months. I suspect you might do more harm than good. Granted the less
excess body weight, the less wear and tear on the leg joints. If you are
excessively over weight, I suggest you reduce the starting mileages per day
(5 - 8 miles; yes, you'll won't hit all the shelters, be ready to camp).
Allow your body to reduce itself as you become trail hardened. If after
about three or four weeks that you're not able to bring your mileages up to
12 - 15 miles per day, it may be time to rethink your plans; maybe section
hike.