[at-l] Re: Warranty repairs

Hello everyone,

Jeff mentioned stories about repairs on the Trail.  While I was hiking
part of the AT in '93, I bent my pack frame (Kelty Tioga) from repeatedly
setting it down too hard and falling on bog bridges.  I called Kelty from
Bascom Lodge on Mt. Greylock.  They told me that at my next town stop
they would have a new frame waiting for me at the post office.  And sure
enough, it was there when I got into town.  This was free of charge and
the person on the phone was very helpful.  Mind you, I was willing to pay
for the new frame, even offered, but they said it was no problem.  So
kudos to Kelty (for all you hard-core external folks out there).

FWIW,
Jason