Re: [at-l] Cheap gear

Bob spake thus:
> I can also make my 20 degree bag comfortable to about 10 by using it
> as a vapor barrier.

I was considering making a silk liner for my bag. It's rated 20 degrees,
but I have yet to put that to the test. I saw some silk liners I think
in Campmor's catalog, but they were about $100. I think I can make one
for about $35.

Also, do you think a 20 degree bag is sufficient? Or do you need to go
lower for the "cold end" of the AT (ie early spring in the Smokies)?

--
Diana ^(raven)^ * raven@gwis2.circ.gwu.edu
http://www.geckoworld.com/~raven