[at-l] Re: Springer to Fontana

In a message dated 97-01-15 21:21:25 EST, Mike writes:

<< next time i do the trail i'd like to take 20 days to get to fontana - for
me that will require PLANNING sub-10 mile days.   >>

Mike, coincidentally, if I start at Amicalola I will arrive at Fontana on the
20th day according to my first draft schedule.  I have no idea if I will
adhere to that, but it's a way to tell my sister approximately when to send
me a maildrop.  I'm curious as to why you would take so much longer the 2nd
time - is it the scenery, sore muscles, or what?  I think someone else said
it before, but you never hear a thru hiker say they wish they had taken less
time to do it.

Also, I'm kicking around the idea of hiking the approach trail.  Would you
recommend it, and why did you do it?

Marty (Gypsy)