Re: [at-l] Relationships

Steve,

   My wife has a similar attitude about hiking. She says she really doesn't
care if she gets to the top of the mountain or the full length of a trail.
She does enjoy getting out, but also thinks two weeks is max.
   Once she retires (July 1st), she says she'll be glad to support my hiking
and trek along a few miles here and there, but she wants to pick and choose
her miles; which I agree is the way to go. (at least I'll have a handy
resupply).

At 11:55 AM 1/14/97 -0500, Steve Dopp wrote:
>t. wrote:
>>How many of you backpackers have partners/mates whom have NO desire in
>>participating in your interest ?
>That's a toughie.  My wife, while willing to backpack, has no particular
>desire to do a through-hike.  About 2 weeks is the most she is willing to
>spend in the backcountry.  At least she's willing, and in fact, even enjoys
>it - for no more than 2 weeks at a time.
>Personally, I probvably would sharply curtail my backpacking activity,
>perhaps give it up altogether, in order to spend what little free time I
>have with my wife.  Perhaps there is room for negotiation with your wife, so
>that you can take a week or two every other year for backpacking.
>Good luck!

  Stay warm & dry,,,
    Dick & Lyn  Wix     (Where's Spring; Rochester, MN)
                 aka  "WIXeR"  AT-94  GA->ME
                       wixer@sparc.isl.net
       We'll get there,,,, when we get there.!!" - obscure