Re: [at-l] Re: Reading Material

On Tue, 14 Jan 1997, James P. Lynch wrote:

> This is kind of unique.  A comment, rather than throwing them away, leave
> them in the shelters for others to enjoy (or use for fire starting, etc).
> [Comments on leaving them in shelters... Is this a good idea?  Or leaving
> trash around?]...

Well, I'm torn on the issue.  On the one hand, I have very strong "pack
it out" sentiments as I'm sure most of us do.  On the other, I like it
when others leave magazines in shelters.  Then again, I'm not too fond of
people leaving various forms of propaganda in every shelter.

So I don't leave my magazines and I don't pack out those left by others.
I figure that those who don't like seeing things left in shelters are
probably right and while I may peculiarly like reading magazines left
behind, I won't "make the problem worse."

|Dan Grossman       danieljg@rice.edu     "My opinions are always my own|
|6360 S. Main       Sid Room 602	     and are never shared by as |
|Houston, TX 77005  (713) 630-8678           many people as I wish."    |
|http://www.owlnet.rice.edu/~danieljg      GA->PA 96, PA->ME 97         |