[at-l] Re: Easton Tent Pegs...

>Date: Sat, 09 Nov 1996 22:16:44
>To: at-hikers@iqsc.com
>From: Ralph Meeks <rmeeks@interpath.com>
>Subject: Re: Easton Tent Pegs...

This is the original post about the Easton Pegs. Milt already posted the
message I sent to him. I still think the pegs are great and it seems a few
others now share my feelings about them.

Ralph

>At 09:05 PM 11/9/96 -0500, you wrote:
>>Hey all,
>>	I am in need of replacing my old bent up tent pegs.  I have been
>>hearing alot about the Easton tent peg, but two things hold me back from
>>getting them.  One is that there is no tests or reviews of them.  Two is
>>that they are a bit pricy for a peg.
>>
>>thoughts?
>>-=phil
>>
>Phil, I have a set of Easton stakes for each of my tents. They are lighter
than the better quality aluminum stakes, go into the ground easier, come out
easier, and are not as easy to lose. They seem to hold up well for me as I
have been using them for about 2 years and  have not damaged one. I average
hiking about once per month year round so I do use then often. Like many
other hikers, I have tried about every kind of stake I could find and even
made some to try. So far, the Easton stakes are the winner hands down. They
are a little high priced but they are well worth a little more money
especially if you  hike on a regular basis.
>Don't know if I ever saw a review on them or not. I think not.
>Also, you could just buy one or two and see how you like them.
hope this helps.