[at-l] Relationships

t. wrote:

>How many of you backpackers have partners/mates whom have NO desire in
>participating in your interest ?

That's a toughie.  My wife, while willing to backpack, has no particular
desire to do a through-hike.  About 2 weeks is the most she is willing to
spend in the backcountry.  At least she's willing, and in fact, even enjoys
it - for no more than 2 weeks at a time.

Personally, I probvably would sharply curtail my backpacking activity,
perhaps give it up altogether, in order to spend what little free time I
have with my wife.  Perhaps there is room for negotiation with your wife, so
that you can take a week or two every other year for backpacking.

Good luck!