Re: [at-l] Freshman orientation

Widespread opportunities to participate in pre-orientation groups are a fairly
recent college phenomenon.  At my school they called it Wilderness Reflections,
with the idea being you could get to know some fellow freshmen in a small group
all while enjoying the out of doors, and before the hectic official orientation
began.  It was a terrific experience for me, and I suspect you will meet a lot
of bright and eager people if you stop and talk with one of these groups. Our
outing was a canoe camp trip to the Algonquin Provincial Park in Ontario.  There
I was lucky enough to meet my AT partner (we hiked after graduating).  During
our hike we often thought back to when we first got the idea to hike the AT, and
I think it was something I expressed in one of the group's evening chat circles.

Sir Goober Peas of The Cornell Crew