Re: [at-l] Trail names

Or maybe, if you're going to flip-flop the trail, you should try a name like:

Dr. Awkward
Dr. I.E. Weird
Leon & Noel
  or
Okinawa Niko

all courtesy of I LOVE ME, VOL. I -- S. Wordrow's Palindrome Encyclopedia,
by Michael Donner.

>We for along time have been trying to come up
>with trail names, but we just could never come
>up with ones that we either liked or fit. This
>past weekend has changed that. Among our friends
>there is one who just happens to be a Native
>American chief, this past weekend while sitting
>around the living room fireplace after dinner,
>Marvel, who is a great story teller, began spinning
>one of his tales of Indian folklore and legend.
>This particular evening he began talking about the
>legends of the contrary warrior, I won't try to
>give anyone a lesson in Native American culture,
>but suffice to say in certain tribes a contrary warrior
>was one who, for some reason, choose to live his life backwards.
>Marvel determined because we have choosen to do a hike in
>the opposite direction from normal we must be
>contrary, so we should have contrary names, so
>after asking for our hike to be blessed he gave
>us our contrary names. After thinking and talking
>about this all week, Alison and I have decided his
>blessing and naming us has got to be a good sign,
>so we have decided to keep and use our contrary
>names. The more contrary you are, the easier the
>names are to understand .
>

>erehwon and erehwyna
>
>(the hikers formerly known as the Smiths )
>( I couldn't resist that )
>Me to Ga '97  (REXX says leaving in 127 days )
>
>PS. Bob, I have been trying to reply to your note
>  but it keeps coming back, but anyway, thanks for
>the invitation I'm sure we will meet each other
>in passing, and will give you a call when we
>have an idea when we will be near your area.

Robert Rubin
RHYMWORM@mindspring.com
Newsletter Editor, PIEDMONT APPALACHIAN TRAIL HIKERS
http://www.ansouth.net/~dchildre/path.html