Re: [at-l] snow, dogs

My Australian Shepherd loves to romp in the snow. He has the most amazing
thick double coat of fur, and can stay out far longer than I can. (He's the
type that can have 3 or 4 inches of snow piled up on his back -- it never
melts b/c he's so well insulated.)

Anyway, what he really likes to do is catch snowballs. He runs, twists, and
jumps, like he's going after a frisbee, then catches the snowball with  giant
snap of his jaws. Then he gets a really confused look, and starts digging
through the snow looking for the ball that he just 'dropped'. He is
constantly