Re: [at-l] Military on the AT?

A couple of my friends and I ran into a hundred or so Marines in the Smoky
mountains. They got dropped off at Fontana dam in buses.  They were hanging
around in a big mob, at the foot of the trail on the north side of the dam.
They were leaving in small bunches of fifteen or twenty headed up the AT.
They said it was part of their basic training and were carrying sixty five
pound packs. I heard from another hiker that a group of Marines took over one
of the shelters. I remember one of the Marines did something to his leg, and
had to be helped by another marine back to Fontana Dam.

                                         Don