[at-l] Re: Schedules

I also had parents who wanted to know when I would be where, but I found
planning more than a week or two in advance to be impossible.
(Exception: I planned the last 3 weeks of my 11 week trip at once.)

Mom and Dad always knew the next time and place to expect a phone call.
I wonder if they noticed that I ALWAYS, ALWAYS did the following:

[on phone to parents]:  I think the next phone will be in (insert
place).  I should be there on (insert day).  But it's very hard to
schedule and you have to promise not to worry if I'm not there until
(insert day + 1).

Then I never (luckily) had to use my "extra day before the parents
are allowed to worry."

|Dan Grossman       danieljg@rice.edu     "My opinions are always my own|
|6360 S. Main       Sid Room 602	     and are never shared by as |
|Houston, TX 77005  (713) 630-8678           many people as I wish."    |
|http://www.owlnet.rice.edu/~danieljg      GA->PA 96, PA->ME 97         |