[at-l] NF

Horus:	Re wimpy-type Canadians...

	Geez I hope not...look at what happened when the subject of sex
came up yesterday......mention the words birth control, and watch out!

	Incidentally, the mainland, I should have used a capital M for
Mainland, refers to all the rest of Canada outside of the island of
Newfoundland....including the 3 other Atlantic Canadian Provinces (Nova
Scotia, Prince Edward Island and New Brunswick). The Appalachian Mts
aren't really present in those provinces; however they form the backbone
of Newfoundland. Mainland is really a term of grudging affection......

	The American military had a big presence in Newfoundland during
WW2, (before we joined Canada), and many US servicemen married women
from Newfoundland. Hence, many Newfoundlanders don't see the American
military as a foreign force the way Mainland Canadians do.
	When traveling, I think nothing of striking up a conversation
with a US Serviceperson.....but I've seen very strange reactions from
others I've been with.....geeeeeee....

	Here's a map which shows a simple view of the Appalachians Mts.
from about Pennsylvannia to the tip of Newfoundland (although the map
itself is mostly concerning the geology of a part of western
Newfoundland).....

	Geological Survey of Canada Map 1678A
	(Humber Arm Allochthon)

	that should be enough to find it..

	Thanks for the weather reports Mark,

Doug

--
       Doug Gibbons, Port aux Basques, Newfoundland

       http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/~ae050/Profile.html

       A happy heart goes on forever.
       (Winter's Tale [Shakespeare])