[at-l] Weather

Just thought you would like a weather report from Mt. Washington. I'm
nowhere near there, but a friend of ours who hiked the trail in '95 sent me
this this a.m. Weather in Troutdale is 30 degrees this a.m. with a few
inches of snow on the ground and quite a bit of ice - mixture of sleet and
snow last night.  Looks like Felix and Gutsy will have one fun day of hiking
anyway!

Mark
http://members.tripod.com/~Mark_Holmes/AT.html
(finally posted some of my AT stuff here)

also check this out
this is the actual weather update from mt washington for today:

Good morning. Clearing skies and a bit less wind on the summit was the rule
overnight.
Winds will continue to slacken today as high pressure works into New England.
Fair
weather will be short lived as a coastal low pressure system moves our way.
We'll see
snow near midnight tonight in the north with a few inches by sunrise.
AVALANCHE BULLETIN: (1/8/96) TUCKERMAN RAVINE has HIGH
avalanche danger, HUNTINGTON RAVINE has a MODERATE/HIGH avalanche
danger. The Sherburne ski trail is open, but the skiing is poor. With this
wet, dense
snow covering an ice crust, with bare spots and rocks, skiing would be
unpleasant.
The bridge at the bottom of the trail has been washed out. Stop at the snow
fence and
walk across to the Tuckerman Ravine trail. Skiing, sliding or riding is not
permitted on
the Tuckerman Ravine trail. You must walk.
WHITE MOUNTAIN REGION FORECAST FOR THURSDAY JANUARY 9,
1997
TODAY: MOSTLY SUNNY, THEN INCREASING CLOUDS IN THE
AFTERNOON.
HIGHS: near 30 F
WINDS: WEST 10 to 20 mph THIS MORNING, BECOMING LIGHT.
TONIGHT: THICKENING CLOUDS WITH SNOW AFTER MIDNIGHT. 1 TO
3 INCHES LIKELY BY SUNRISE.
LOWS: NEAR 20 F
TOMORROW: PERIODS OF LIGHT SNOW.
HIGHS: near 25 F
EXTENDED OUTLOOK
SAT: Snow showers likely. HIGHS: 25 to 30 F LOWS: 20's F
SUN: Snow showers HIGHS: 20's F LOWS: 5 to 15 F
MON: Snow showers HIGHS: 20's F LOWS: 5 to 15 F
SUMMITS TODAY
WEATHER: in and out of the clouds this morning, then clearing.
HIGHS: around 20 F
WINDS: West 50 to 70 mph with higher gusts, diminishing this afternoon.