[at-l] Re: Military on the AT?

We did that section when we were at the AT conference in Dalonaga a
few years ago.  We passed a small group on the trail and they supplied
a very useful warning.  They had had a run-in with a bunch of angry
yellow jackets just over the next bump from where we were.  We just
bundled up a bit as getting off the trail in that area is more of a
problem to me than a few stings.  It is in the middle of the largest
patch of poison ivy I have ever seen - must be hundreds of acres of
it.