[at-l] RE: Itinerary/Safety

Just a big "Amen" to what Jim said about schedules.  Every time I see
one, I just sort of chuckle and wonder how long it will be before the
dates are displaced by one or two weeks.  Don't get me wrong--schedules
are great to do while planning your thru hike.  It's just that, shall
we say, things happen while hiking that tend to subvert the best plans
you made.  And that's one of the things that make long distance hiking
so much fun and memorable....
                                             Marshall
                                             "Tarkus"