Re: [at-l] Health Insurance Policies

>Any advice on purchasing a Health Insurance Plan (it
>works out to $1 CAN a day) would be greatly appreciated.

A couple of suggestions.

Most of the US-based insurance companies (AAA, Allstate, Farmer's, etc.)
sell short-term policies called Traveler's insurance.  These policies
generally cover medical and liability for the duration of the trip.
However, you generally have to be a current policy holder to qualify.

The second suggestion is to ask if your Canadian health insurance has a
foreign travel rider (sometimes called an extender policy). If it works the
same as our HMO's, you don't pay extra, but the (limited) medical coverage
is spelled out exactly for the duration of the trip.

Hope this helps,
Catherine

Lew and Catherine Middaugh
middaugh@best.com