re: [at-l] cameras

Pooombah@aol.com wrote:

> i hiked all summer and have almost no good pix to show for it because it took
> me a long time to realize that those disposable cameras suck.

And that's putting it politely.  The disposable cameras' picture quality is
unacceptable to me and they tend to get quite expensive if you have to buy
more than a few.  I don't mind carrying the extra weight of a nice camera
and equipment in order to get some good pictures.  YMMV.  In fact, I'm
enjoying beautiful views of Yellowstone, Grand Tetons, RMNP, Chicago Basin,
Wheeler Peak NM, and Snowmass Mountain right here in my cubicle thanks to
lugging my heavy camera around in the backcountry.

                                     -Tom