[at-l] Backpack (storage) question

Since I still haven't settled on a pack, there's one factor I'm curious
about: on the AT, what was the *minimum* cubic inches you could get away
with? Obviously this is linked to "pack light." Still, when I'm looking at a
4300 c.i. vs. 5000 c.i. internal frame pack, I have to wonder...if I go with
the larger (and heavier) pack, will I be more tempted to fill it with stuff
I don't need <G>?

Thanks,
Sandy
---Sandra Downs 	<downs@nb.net>