Re: [at-l] Re: [pct-l] Good News

James -

Old Nesmuk was an Adirondack Guide.  I have seen many books that include
biographical info on him in stores in the Adirondacks (Northern NY State).
My guess is that if you find a book about the early European settlement of
the ADKs you will find info about Old Nesmuk.

As we many historical figures he sounds like he was quite a character!

Zach

> It can be a real drag being trendy.
>
>AMEN!
>

>>Who said:  (and I paraphrase)  "I don't come to the woods to 'rough it,' I
>>come to 'smooth it.'  I get it rough enough at home."
>
>I think it was 'Old Nesmuk' a legendary hiker/outdoorsman in the Northeast
>(Pennsylvania?).  [Side note: if anyone has a clue about a Nesmuk biography
>or such, I'd love to know about it!].

| Zach Woods                  | ZMedia  -  Multimedia |
| 28 Middlesex Circle, Apt. 6 | Mac - Digital Imaging |
| Waltham, MA 02154  USA      | Web Pages  -  Windows |