[at-l] PA trails

On Wed, 1 Jan 1997, Deb Grove wrote:

> I wanted to post this back to the list for more advice about less rocky
> trails in Central PA.

I'm not sure there is such a thing as a trail in Pennsylvania without
rocks, although the degree of rockiness is different for each section of
trail.  When I hiked the Black Forest Trail last summer, there was only
one section that was very very rocky.  The Appalachian Trail West of the
Susquehanna is also fairly rockless.  My one trip on the Mid-State trail
between 322 and 45 (I think) was mostly clear of rocks also.  Perhaps I'm
biased about rockiness since I've done the vast majority of my hiking on
PA trails.  Has anybody out there tried the newly cleared and in parts
rebuilt Tuscarora Trail or any parts of the Mason-Dixon Trail?
				Ryan