[at-l] RE: at-l-digest V1 #47

In a message dated 96-12-29 12:44:54 EST, douglasg@nlnet.nf.ca (Douglas K
Gibbons) writes:

> << Do you ever worry about getting rings caught in tree branches in thick
> brush?...up here I don't even wear a wrist watch, I kept getting
> branches jammed up between my wrist and the strap. I guess the trails
> must be better kept down there, I only have caribou and moose trails to
> follow......

Machinists never wear rings, watches or neckties.  I've never heard any
recommendations against rings or watches in the outdoors, even among the
extremely safety-conscious cave-rescue community.  Large earrings wouldn't
be a good idea, and strings hanging around necks can be dangerous.  It is
absolutely not true that two cans of hair spray are equivalent to a
helmet!  (:-)

--  Frank    reid@indiana.edu