Re: [at-l] Sams Gap-Allen Gap, NC

In a message dated 96-12-31 12:53:33 EST, lpatton@mailer.fsu.edu (Linda
Patton) writes:

<<   Oh, yes--is it (relatively) safe to leave cars at Sams and Allen Gaps??

I personally wouldn't recommend either gap for parking your car.  I know
there has been trouble at Allen Gap previously, and frankly the people in the
little store there (that mostly sells tobacco) aren't very friendly.  They
seem to "tolerate" hikers was my impression.  Sam's Gap is now a 4 lane hwy
since the recent "improvements".  I don't think there's a lot of places to
park there.  Anyone know?

Is this a section you haven't done, or do you have other gaps as
alternatives?
E-mail me direct if you would like.
ALice
IL Fltlndr@aol.com