Re: [at-l] Clothing?

At 12:49 PM 12/30/96 PST, Charlie Thorpe wrote:
>shelter each night.  I carried a light nylon wind suit (single layer,
>anorak shirt and pull-on pants) to wear over the long johns as I putzed
>around the shelter before going to bed.  As the weather dropped below
>Didn't use the wind pants as sleep clothing, but did carry them (couple
>ounces) in case of need while hiking...used them only once to protect my

Charlie (and others)...

What is a "light nylon wind suit" and where do they come from?  The lightest
nylon long pants I've ever found weigh about 9oz (men's large), and long
sleeve shirts run several more (and estimate, since I haven't located a
supplex shirt in a Large/Tall size yet).  I have a sneaking suspicion that
I've been looking in the wrong places.  Should I be looking in running
stores?  Someplace else?  Most of the "outdoor" lines of clothing seem to
have too many pockets, zippers, etc. to be really light weight.

Just looking for ideas.

-- Jim