Re: [at-l] nite hiking

On Sat, 28 Dec 1996, Tony Roberts wrote:

> I tried a little night hiking a few weeks ago, and found that my feet could
> generally feel the trail and follow it easily enough.

Somehow I suspect that the section of trail you were following was
not in Rocksylvania...

FWIW, an advertising insert in a recent Wall Street Journal for the
Sharper Image included a night vision scope for $395.

Perhaps these would be a boon to prospective night hikers.  I personally
would be more than a little alarmed to be settled in a shelter only to
find someone suddenly appearing out of the night without the warning given
by the usual flashlights, etc.