Re: [at-l] Do I look stupid, or what

The newspaper style periodical Antique Week (ANTIQUEWK@AOL.com) has had
over the years a number of pieces about the distressing number of fakes in
the antique and crafts world.  These quilts are among them.  Sometimes a
dealer is taken and then honestly passes his error along but IMHO the dealers
know full well what they are selling.  I'm sure that shortly after you left
he went in the back room and pulled out an identical "one of a kind" quilt.
Based on my readings, some pretty savvy experts have been fooled by fakes so
don't feel stupid, just pissed.   Live and learn - it's only money.  If the
quilt is warm, enjoy it.

Happy holidays to all

Rich