Re: [at-l] no shuttle $$$

TEMPLER7277@uni.edu wrote:

> Plan on going packing after christmas.  Does anyone know of any loops around
> the smokies but not in the SMNP?  I have limited funds for shuttles.  Any good
> loops in Joyce Kilmer Forest or in the Nantahala's?

Lots of good loops in Kilmer/Slickrock & Citico Creek areas.  2 to 6
days.  Know that the stream crossings of Slickrock Creek are not bridged
& that you have to get your feet wet.  Both the Kilmer forest parking
area and the Big Fat Gap parking area are good starting spots for a
loop, or you can begin at one of several trailheads over on the
Tennessee side.

One trail I particularly recommend is the Slickrock Creek trail down
from or up to Naked Ground.  Steep, but scenic.

You can get a map of the Wilderness area at the ranger station just
outside of Robbinsville.  Have fun.

- The Priest