Re: [at-l] Vitamin "I" and other pain relievers

Beau wrote:

>I also can only take Tylenol.  All the other stuff destroys what
>limited clotting factor I have.  Any ideas would be most helpful.

One thing I forgot to mention in my post on Aleve, Lekis, etc. for knee
pain. For the last couple of days, my knee has been throbbing as a result of
overuse on the stairclimber and treadmill. I've been taking the Aleve,but
that hasn't completely helped. So, this really slow lightbulb turned on in
my muddled head and I harkened back to my doctor's advice: ICE IT! I did and
the pain and stiffness are gone. I'm walking like a normal person again.

On the trail, simply fill your water carrier bag with ice cold spring water
and put it on your knee for awhile. That should help.

Peter H. Fornof
athiker@plantnet.com
broknspoke@aol.com