Re: [at-l] Vitamin "I" and other pain relievers

I would like to add to the above question.

Does anyone on the list use pain relievers other than aspirin, tylenol,
 ibuprofen, or naprosin that they have found effective?  AND safe for very
sensitive stomachs?

I have had 2 knee surgeries, and have intermittent (bad) back pain due an old
back injury (I broke my backbone many, many years ago, but it is currently
stable, or so the doctors tell me.).  The muscles around my backbone support
my back, but they get pretty P O'd every once and a while (my disks get do a
little unhappy dance too) & I need to take something for the pain.
My problem is, that I have severe stomach problems any time I take ANY anti
inflammitories.  Coated pills, pills taken with tons of stomach settling
medicine, pills after tons of food, any pills (anti inflamitiories), they all
make me sick.  All I can take is Tylenol, which doesn't help the swelling.

Does anyone have any ideas, help, suggestions, home remedies (know a good
witch doctor)?

This may not work for everyone but it did work for the woman I did research
with and me when we had  bad back pain.    "The Acupressure Warm-Up by Marc
Coseo. This book  takes advantages of 2000  years of Chinese wisdom
concerning pressure points throughout the back, legs, and neck area. By
applying pressure to these areas using something as simple as tennis balls,
one may be stimulating production of the body's own biochemicals that
relieve pain or  heal the area.

Deb G.

Deborah S. Grove, Ph.D.
Manager, Nucleic Acid Facility