[at-l] WISE SHELTER

David Craft had asked about the location of the Wise Shelter
that was mentioned in my Mt. Rogers trip report.

The shelter is located between the Thomas Knob and Old Orchard
Shelters just prior to entering the Little Wilson Creek
Wilderness area.  I would estimate that it's about 2 miles in
from the Massie Gap parking area.  The new 1997 data book lists it as
5.2 miles from Thomas Knob and 5.8 miles from Old Orchard.  There's no
creek there, but an excellent spring is just a few hundred feet
away from the shelter.  There is also plenty of level, sheltered
areas for setting up a tent if you're interested.

Rachel
'Solophile'  GA-->ME  '97