[at-l] Family camping in the GSMSP

This post isn't particularly AT related.

My wife is tempted to go to a conference in Ashville, N.C. not far from the
GSMNP.  The conference runs June 17-21.  We were thinking of having me and
our two girls, ages 5 and 9, drive down and camp for a few days, then pick
her up and spend some more time camping and/or backpacking (but not too far
with the 5 year old!).

Anyway, I'd really appreciate any info on the area (easy trails, campsites,
other sources of info, etc.) from folks who have been there.

Thanks, and have a nice holiday!

-- Jim Mayer