Re: [at-l] Vitamin "I" and other pain relievers

i suffered from quad tendonitis after hiking lots this summer and it still
bothers me occasionally on day hikes.  which, of course, scares the crap out
of me for next year.  i, too was told that the problem stemmed from my feet
and that orthotics could alleviate the problem.  unfortunately the $300 that
orthotics seem to cost would come out of my pocket (if there was $300 in my
pocket) because my insurance explicitly doesn't cover orthotics of any kind.
 bum deal.

the strange thing about the q.t. was that it never bothered me while i hiked.
 only when i was seated here in my oh-so-lovely cubicle (cage) for more than
half an hour.  i'd get screaming, blinding, concentrated pain that pretty
much knocked me unconscious.  pain is so disconcerting.

anyone else NOT bothered while hiking but at other times?
the wierdo--
pooom