Re: [at-l]cash on the trail

At 10:04 AM 12/20/96 EST, you wrote:

>From Jim:
> I looked at the latest CIRRUS listing last night and it shows ATM's at
>Hiawassee and
>Blairsville in GA, Franklin and Cherokee in NC, Roan Mt, Gatlinburg
>and Pigeon Forge in TN, and Atkins, Troutville, Pearisburg, Buena
>Vista and Waynesboro in SW VA.  Note that there were none in Hot
>Springs, NC or Damascus, VA (although there is one in Abingdon, VA).
>
>Walk softly,
>Jim

Amazing isn't it, that Damascus doesn't have an ATM? With all those hikers,
just think of that extra $1 charge the bank could be collecting for using
their machine. I'm surprised they haven't thought of this extra avenue of
revenue.  Someone is snoozin'.
(although I think the $1 charge is a rip-off)

Mark
Mark and Janet Holmes (Appalachian Trail - GA>NH (minus PA) '95)
NH > ME + PA 1997
Fox Hill Inn - Innkeepers 1-800-874-3313 (for reservations)
VA 16
Troutdale,VA  ( 4 miles from Dickey Gap on the AT)
AT Hiker stopping point in the Grayson Highlands!
-provider of shuttles in SW VA
Phone: 540-677-3313
http://members.tripod.com/~Mark_Holmes/