[at-l] shelters close to the road

> I've never had a bad experience at all in the woods.  Maybe I've just been
> lucky.  Anyone else?

I've never had a bad experience either.  One advantage of living out west,
is that it's relatively easy to put a lot of distance between yourself and
the nearest road.  Also, the shelters seem to be where most bad experiences
happen and most of the places I go don't have any type of shelters.  Oh well,
if you hike enough times you're probably going to have a bad experience at
least once.  I'm not going to let that deter me, though.

                                         -Tom