Re: [at-l] [AT-L] shelters close to the road (was Ted Bundy well groomed)

  The only negative experiences I've had with shelters near road crossing
were really not that bad:  One evening around dusk I was resting at a
shelter when some kids on dirt bikes and a three-wheeler roared up a
nearby trail, circled the shelter a few times and roared off.  I'm
assuming they had planned to party there but decided against it when they
saw me.  Another time I was staying at a totally burnt out shelter in New
York, trash was everywhere.  Around midnight a pickup truck pulled up
right in front of the shelter and sat there with the headlights shining
into the shelter, and on me, for a good five minutes.  When I started to
get up the truck backed up and left.  It was a little unsettling.  On
the other hand, I have also been the beneficiary of locals who have
lugged in cases of beer and were more than happy to share.

Roy
"Jack-In-The-Green"