[at-l] [AT-L]Check Cards

Jeff Mosenkis wrote:

>I don't know what people did about credit catrd bills on the trail, but
>have people looked into the new "check cards"?  Work like credit cards
>(and are accepted anywhere that the regular Visa/MC are) except the
>balance is deducted from your checking account, like writing a check.  No
>montly bills, all taken care of on the spot.
>
>Has anybody tried them? (I have not yet used one, but my old bank tried
>to get me to)

I have one.  We call them debit cards.  I like it.  It beats using a credit
card since I can only make a purchase if I have the money in my checking
account to pay for it.  The card keeps me out of debt (unlike my credit
card).  It can be used at anyplace that accepts VISA.

The one negative to a debit card is that it adds more work to balancing your
check book.