Re: [at-l] Filters

>I am a big fan of the MSR Miniworks. This filter uses a ceramic filter that
>can be cleaned many times before it is no longer any good. It lasts much
>longer than membrane filters such as the PUR and Sweetwater filters.
>
>The MSR filter is rated for 750 liters but that is extremely conservative.
>MSR is the only filter company that rates for real world conditions. IN clean
>water this filter will up to 3300 L of water.
>
>For $$/gallon it is one of the best values going. (Except for the Katadyn)

I have used my katadyn for ten years without having to replace the filter.
Easy and quick field cleaning even in dirty water.  Took it on the CDT thru
hike.  With all the heavy clay silt laden water in New Mexico I couldn't
have done without it.

Oh yeah, it also builds up your arm muscles.....  >B-7