Re: [at-l]cash on the trail

In a message dated 96-12-18 11:59:22 EST, dp@interpath.com (David P.
Dusenbury) writes:

<< it's functions as my bank's ATM card, in addition to being a
 Debit Card against my checking account.  It looks just like a VISA Card,
 has the VISA logo/hologram and all.  It is accepted by anyplace that
 takes VISA, and is processed by their bank, being deducted from the
 checking account when they process it.

 I have never used it as a Debit Card, though.  Most retailers would
 probably not even recognize it as a Debit Card, just as another VISA
 credit card.

I use my debt card all the time.  Bought my groceries with it today.  Some
stores need to know it is a debt card so you can put in your pin number, but
others just use it like a VISA card.

I would go with Traveler's checks on the trail though, but you can take your
"card" with you also.

ALice