[at-l] Murdered hikers

Felix wrote:

> Maybe its a selfish thing. Maybe it, maybe it just shouldn't happen in my
> yard...

I think this has a lot to do with it.  My own thought is that the trail is more
of an idea in people's minds than a physical object.  Everyone's idea is different,
but most share common themes.  Murders and violence on the trail make us
question our ideas.  In a sense, someone is trying to steal the trail away
by forcing people to see that the trail isn't the "pure" and isolated place
they thought it was.  I don't know if I'm making any sense here.  Maybe just
rambling.  Oh well, have a great holidays everybody.

                                   -Tom