[at-l] Murdered hikers

I think its odd how we view hikers and death. I remember finding out
about the girls in the park. My little world kinda tumbled. Then, for
some inexplicable reason, I felt almost relieved to find that they in
fact were not thru-hikers. Why? Their deaths were no less a tragedy. When
Geoff and Molly were killed a few years ago, it was a horrible thing. No
more or less so than if someone had broken into their home and murdered
them. Maybe its a kinship thing. One of ours has fallen doing what we do.
Maybe its a selfish thing. Maybe it, maybe it just shouldn't happen in my
yard...

Sorry there was no real point to this. I just said it.

Felix