[at-l] bees' knees

There a query about bees on the trail.  1995 was a very
dry season in Maine, and yellow jackets had built nests
in the ground on and near the trail.  I was stung on
three different ocassions, and my partners were stung
likewise.  If it's dry again in Maine, I'd advise
wearing gaiters; my stings were all below the knee.
They still might find'ya, but you'd have a better chance
avoiding the marauding critters.  And if you do come
across some, leave a note on both sides warning others,
even though it would require backtracking _around_ said
violators.

Doc AT95